Lendoxia

Paul Auster
God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
Christopher Hitchens
The Portable Atheist: Essential Readings for the Nonbeliever
John Updike, George Eliot, John Stuart Mill, Thomas Hobbes, Richard Dawkins, Daniel C. Dennett, Carl Sagan, Mark Twain, H.L. Mencken, Christopher Hitchens, Ian McEwan, Salman Rushdie, Joseph Conrad, Ibn Warraq, Martin Gardner, Karl Marx, Bertrand Russell, A.C. Grayling, Pe
The Book of Tomorrow
Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want
Jenny Blake
A Scanner Darkly
Philip K. Dick
Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne I'm writing a review for the whole trilogy and the only reasonable place to put it, I think is here. I've given all three books a four star rating but I think if there could be half points this would be a four and a half but since there isn't I settled on four because I didn't think it was that amazing even though I really enjoyed reading it.

Do I recommend this trilogy, definitely yes, I was reluctant to read it at first because I usually try to avoid hyped up books, but this one was a nice surprise :)

Spoilers ahead!

I love dystopian books and this one was no different. The cruel world of Panem and lack of sympathy for kids and human life in general is astonishing. Katniss Everdeen is not your regular heroine, she is strong, smart, stubborn, she is a survivor above everything. She would willingly sacrifice herself only for a few that are closest to her. What was refreshing about this trilogy is that there is no obvious and in your face love story, surely there is love but since Katniss doesn't put any emphasis on it, it's just something that is integral to the story, like pretending with Peeta that they are star crossed lovers to stay alive in the arena and beat the system.

This last book itself is a slightly slower read than the first two books but I enjoyed it as much as the others. End game was for me slightly expected and more natural since Katniss and Peeta did survive two arenas together and only they could understand how the other one feels, Gale would be my pick but even though he was Katniss's best friend being in the arena changed her and broke her in ways that he could not help her heal those wounds.

I won't write much about whole arc with the rebellion and the final victory but to me that was the real interesting part of the books since it could have ended up in many different ways, I like the one Collins chose.